This article will teach you how to play MP4 files on a Mac. As you may be aware, QuickTime Player does not always support MP4 playback on Mac. There are several factors at work, but there is only one simple solution. To permanently resolve this issue, you can use a second media player on macOS, and we recommend Elmedia Player.
Elmedia is a media player with a simple interface that provides all of the necessary capabilities for simply enjoying your collection. Exporting and importing bookmarks, picture-in-picture capability, and the ability to build and manage playlists are just the start. Do you want to find out more? Keep reading to learn how to simply play MP4 on Mac.
How to play MP4 on Mac with Elmedia Player?
Elmedia is a sophisticated Mac video player that supports a broad range of file types, including AVI, MP4, FLV, WMV, MKV, MP3, M4V, and others, without the need for extra codecs. It works as an AirPlay player for Mac, allowing you to broadcast media files like movies, music, and podcasts to a variety of portable wireless devices.
Elmedia Player is a good choice if you want a media player with excellent streaming features. This is how you do it:
- First, download Elmedia Player.
- Start Elmedia Player and choose one of the following options to play the MP4 file:
- Simply drag the file to the Dock icon and drop it there.
- Drag and drop the mp4 file from the Finder into the player’s interface.
- When you right-click an MP4 file, select “Open With” from the context menu.
- From Elmedia’s main menu, select File > Open.
- To view the video, use Elmedia Player. That’s all!
Elmedia Player explained
Elmedia Player has all of the features you’d expect from a video player, such as flawless HD playing, an easy-to-use interface, support for nearly every music and video format, and streaming support for DLNA, AirPlay 2, and Chromecast.
Elmedia Player has the following features:
- Playlist support: Elmedia will add your dragged files to the current playlist automatically. Convert the playlist to an M3U file to do this. Choose the order of play!
- Playback control: Make aesthetic changes to your media. While the tune is playing, you can change the speed, color scheme, subtitle location, and other settings.
- Format compatibility: Elmedia’s Mac video player will convert your file if necessary before streaming it.
- 4K casting: Elmedia Player’s 4K casting capability is excellent. Use TVs, Chromecast Ultra, and streaming devices such as Apple TV 4K.
- Advanced subtitles: Subtitle encoding and burning are only two of the many Elmedia Player functions that make it compatible with the player. View online videos with SMIL, SRT, or SSA subtitles in a foreign language.
- Playlists over Wi-Fi: By choosing it from your stored playlists, you can listen to whole albums or seasons of a show.
- Remote control: The player can be used as a remote, providing you the same level of control as if you were watching a video on your computer.
Have these features adequately wowed you? So brace yourselves; there’s more to come, including:
Touch Bar support,
A-B Loop feature,
Flash Player support,
Audio and video sync,
Audio visualizer and more are waiting for you.
Do you believe anything this large needs to be that expensive? You’ll be pleased you were mistaken.
Elmedia Player pricing plans
There are two price options for the Elmedia Player:
- Free version
- PRO version
While the Elmedia Player PRO offers more features and improved video playback, the free version has all you need to effectively manage your media files.
The pro features are available for $19.99.
These are the pro-only features of Elmedia Player:
- Local files can be streamed to Chromecast-enabled devices.
- Local files can be streamed to DLNA-enabled devices.
- Stream local files to Apple TVs and Smart TVs using AirPlay 2.
- Streaming audio and video, as well as screen mirroring to Elmedia Player over AirPlay
- Take screenshots of videos that are now playing.
- Make use of playback enhancement options.
- Set the player to Picture-in-Picture mode.
- Opensubtitles.org subtitles should be saved.
- Select a monitor to view files in full-screen mode.
Elmedia player is a powerful program with several tuning possibilities. It is simple to use.
Elmedia Player is a good choice if you need a reliable media player that can play a broad range of video formats. It’s a versatile application with a user interface that may be used for a variety of purposes.