Enshrouded is an open-world survival game that was recently released in early access. Version 0.7.0.1 refers to the first major patch for the game since its launch. Patches are important for fixing bugs, improving performance, balancing gameplay, and adding new content.
Patch #1 for Enshrouded focused on squashing bugs, enhancing stability, adjusting balance, and laying the groundwork for future updates. Keeping the game up-to-date through patches ensures a smooth and enjoyable experience for players.
Highlights of Enshrouded Patch #1
Patch #1 focused heavily on squashing bugs and improving stability. Some of the key fixes include:
- Fixed crashes related to AMD GPUs and shader compilation
- Improved performance across various systems
- Fixed bugs blocking access to dedicated servers
- Fixed texture resolution issues causing blurry visuals
- Fixed quest bugs blocking progress
- Fixed stamina and jumping bugs allowing sequence breaks
- Fixed issues with hook anchors and hang gliders
The extensive list of bug fixes and stability improvements make the game run much more smoothly and prevent game-breaking issues.
New features and enhancements
While centered on fixes, Patch #1 also added some new content and features like:
- Lowered world reset timer to 30 minutes
- Added more resource nodes across the world
- Polished visuals and layouts for many points of interest
- Added new ground fog visuals in some biomes
- New armor requirement for Blacksmith crafting quest
These small enhancements improve visuals, progression, and resource availability in preparation for future updates.
Balance changes and adjustments
To improve game balance, Patch #1 included tweaks like:
- Nerfs to extremely powerful skills like Water Aura
- Buffs to weaker skills like the ice bolt spell
- Lowered costs for Tin Bars to match similar recipes
- Reduced damage from certain enemy poison attacks
Careful balancing adjustments prevent overpowered or underpowered options and help create enjoyable gameplay.
Changes in Enshrouded v0.7.0.1 Patch #1
Patch #1 addressed a wide variety of specific bugs across all areas of the game, including:
- Fixed broken door blocking Cinder Vault starting area
- Fixed recipe bug preventing players from obtaining the Rake item
- Fixed visual glitches on building roofs and terrain voxels
- Fixed chat text overflow issues in various languages
- Fixed stamina costs when sprint jumping or double jumping
- Fixed skill visual effect bugs
These targeted bug fixes resolve precise player complaints and issues to improve quality of life.
New items or mechanics introduced
While subtle, Patch #1 added a few new item recipes and mechanics:
- First magical storage chest now available earlier
- Advanced Glider added earlier to crafting progression
- Added area damage to tier 3 ice bolt spell
These new additions expand crafting options and player abilities earlier on to enhance progression.
Adjustments to gameplay and user experience
Patch #1 tweaked core gameplay elements including:
- Added small ambient sound improvements in player bases
- Improved scattering of tumbleweeds in Nomad Heights
- Adjusted skill cooldowns, damage values, costs, etc. to improve balance
- Fixed terrain blocking player paths in several zones
Hundreds of small adjustments combine to improve player convenience, enjoyment, and overall polish.
Community Impact of Patch #1
Based on community reactions across forums and social media, Patch #1 has been received very positively overall. Players praise the extensive bug fixes and appreciate the developer’s attentiveness to issues.
Many fans thanked the developers for releasing the patch in a timely manner and maintaining strong communication with the playerbase about known issues and plans.
Of course, some criticism remains about a few lingering bugs or imbalances, but the broader community feels Patch #1 represents a great step in the right direction.
How the patch has influenced the game’s community and gameplay experience
By squashing major bugs and improving stability, Patch #1 has reinvigorated interest and faith in Enshrouded’s early access launch. The influx of fixes inspires veteran players to dive back in and motivates curious newcomers to finally try the game out.
Restored confidence plus new crafting options and world content have brought an influx of players exploring the biomes and engaging with community-made guides and discussion. Multiplayer activity also sees a bump thanks to resolved connectivity issues.
Overall, Patch #1 has delighted the existing community and drawn in new players through its dramatic improvements to the core gameplay experience.
As demonstrated by the impact of Patch #1, staying up-to-date with Enshrouded’s fixes and changes through prompt patching improves stability, balance, and the collective player experience.
Keeping pace with patches allows continuous enjoyment of a smoother, richer game while participating in an evolving conversation with developers attentive to user feedback.